But this time, I'd like to point out before I start, that I am in no way a maudlin person: I do not go around every day making the worst out of things (to be honest, I have a hard time trying to make things sound worse than they actually are). I just wanted to clear that up, as sometimes we all need a little rant about those silly things that annoy us, whether they be those one time, huge occurrences, or the reoccurring, niggly, annoyances that make us want to punch something (preferably a person). But, *ahem*, back to my main rant topic!
I know that there are always going to be the people that sit at the back of class and do f-all, but what really annoys me is the way they talk. They begin in this 'whisper'. I use the bunny rabbit ears, as it's not really whispering, it's just talking normally with a huskier voice. Does this make it impossible for me to hear you? NO! I honestly don't care how important this is: it usually isn't, but if it really was, you could have a quiet word with the teacher or something. But no. Your blathering on and fucking on, your voice slowly but surely growing to a crescendo, until you let out that stupid, quavering, yet still loud laugh which makes me want to scrape chalk down a board to compare the noises (very similar!).
For instance, in my RS (Religious Studies, or Education, depending on your school) lesson, there is an entire back row which just talks. It may seem amazing to you lot, but I took RS because I enjoy it, and because I want to learn. If you don't want to learn, piss off back home, please.
I would say I was proud of my teachers for standing up to them, for telling them to shut up or get out... but I'm not, because they don't.
I would say I was sorry for my teachers for having to put up with this for their entire careers..but I'm not, bacuse they should be the ones doing something about it.
Half my teachers seem to be unable to handle a class. And it's disapointing! I go to Grammar School; and when I first found out I was going (back when a was a wee scrap of a munchkin!) I was delighted! I thought, ''Wow! No more idiots talking about silly, unneeded, things in life! No more teachers
being unable to teach properly, no more of them not knowing what to do, or being unable to control a class!''
Because that's what I'm like. No, I'm not normal, but why is it bad that I want a good education? Why is it bad that I want to do my GCSE's in modular form instead of one huge clumping essay at the end of things, when I've forgotten everything? Why is it bad that I have interests in 'geeky', or 'nerdy' things? (oh, and there is a difference between geeky and nerdy!)
Let's have an example! Let's call my teacher 'Teacher X' (oh how original, Erin).
Teacher X enters a classroom where 30% of the pupils are chatting at various decibel levels. She walks over to her desk in shoes which are more fitting slippers than work shoes, sits down, and logs onto the computer. She doesn't utter a word for a solid 7 minutes, then gets up and begins the lesson. No one stops their conversations, and the rest of the 70% of the class strains to hear what she is saying. She hands out various sheets for the students to fill in, not once telling those noisy students to 'quieten down'.
To sum up; one whole hour spent by me straning to hear what the teacher says, while the entire back row yaps off. For. The. Entire. HOUR.
If you suffer as I do, please comment about it, and, my friends,
Live long, and Prosper.
(^Sheldon, The Big Bang Theory^)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Feel free to say what you think, but please nothing racist, sexist, etc. Basically anything offensive or sweary! Thanks!